On Saturday, October 27th, 2018, I collaborated on a beautiful, delicious fall-forward Farm Supper with farmer Emma Reisinger of Yellow House Farm.
Yellow House Farm grows vegetables, herbs, and fruit in the Cedmont neighborhood of Baltimore City (near Hamilton). Our evening began with a farm tour and light fare. The following three-course supper and handcrafted drinks reflected the season for a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Our locally sourced menu included seasonal kraut, peach-braised pork, and scratch-made creme brulee.
I always feel so lucky to cook food fresh from a local farmer, and this meal was even more special because Emma is an old friend. It’s been so exciting watching her farm grow this season, and I’m looking forward to following her next season in 2019! Nothing tastes quite as delicious as food straight from the field (and in this case, beds in the yard!) – and I find special magic in sharing the fruits of the season with friends. Such a night! Full menu below. 🙏✨
- Homemade thyme kraut on rye crackers with goat cheese
- Black garlic deviled eggs with pickled jalapenos
- Fresh radishes with herb butter
- 2018 pantry pickles: dilly beans, gherkins, pickled okra
To begin at the table
- Sourdough bread, green salad, and thyme kraut on the table
- Kohlrabi and greens salad with creamy black garlic dressing, pea shoots, and roasted red beets
- Spiced tomato and yellow split pea pureed soup
- Smoked pork with peach chili jam, parsnip puree, quick-pickled fennel, and scallion kimchi
- Roasted carrots and turnips vegetables (carrot, turnip, parsnip – or carrots and turnips roasted on sweet potato purée)
- Scallion kimchi
- Pear creme brulée with gingerbread